We will discuss the products that actually do kill mosquitos. And will not talk about those repellers.
The best mosquito killers in India are the pesticides and not fancy mosquito killer machines.
Yes, those are to be used with precautions as mentioned here but these works the best.
However if you are not into those, then there are other options as well to kill those blood drinking mosquitos.
PS:I live in a house with neighbours uncleaned garden and open drains, I know what I am talking about.
7 Best mosquito killer in India – No second chances!
- RALLIS Sentry Tata Lambda Cyhalothrin WP
- Bayer Solfac EW For Mosquitos Control
- Bayer Kingfog 1.25% ULV
- Trendy Retail Balaji Relax Citronella Bamboo
- HIT Anti Mosquito Racquet
- COROID Electronic Led Mosquito Killer Lamp
- HIT Mosquito and Fly Killer Spray
Check all Other insect Killers in India
Reviews of the best mosquito killer in India
RALLIS Sentry Tata Lambda Cyhalothrin WP
RALLIS Sentry is a TATA product aimed to kill mosquitoes for good.
Definitely this can be counted among the best mosquito killer products in India.
- Lambda Cyhalothrin WP is the main ingredient and it can kill mosquitoes, ants and other insects. But it is mostly good for killing mosquitoes.
- Comes in powder form which is easy to use.
- The pack of 62.5 gram can be used with 5 liters of water.
- There is no smell.
- Low cost.
- The mixture might leave some marks on the wall.
- Better not use it in the kitchen.
Bayer Solfac EW For Mosquitos Control
Bayer is a known brand when it comes to insecticides.
It is well known for commercial usages also.
This is one of the best mosquito killer liquid in India.
- Comes in liquid form which is easy to use.
- You need only 10 ml for 1 liter. So it will last for a month or more.
- Solfac EW contains Cyfluthrin 5% , which is one of the best insect killer liquids for home use.
- This is effective for mosquitoes and effective against cockroaches.
- Might keep mosquitoes away for 15 days.
- No mark left on wall.
- No smell.
- Not for outdoor use.
- Keep away from pets and children.
- Not for spraying on clothes and utensils.
Bayer Kingfog 1.25% ULV
Bayer once again, this kingfog mosquito killer needs some pro skills and gear to use.
For example you will need a
- Comes with Deltamethrin 1.25 ULV which needs to be mixed with diesel
- For outdoor use and can cover large areas.
- Will get rid of any type of mosquitoes and should keep them away longer.
- Very low dosages are required so it will last a long time.
- Works against mosquitoes carrying malaria, dengu fever viruses.
- This insecticide is best for mosquito control in a large area.
- This does has a strong odor.
- Not for indoor usages.
- Needs a separate thermal fogger machine which is costly.
- Kingfog itself is costly.
Trendy Retail Balaji Relax Citronella Bamboo
Citronella and eucalyptus agarbattis are great for indoor usages.
It is also great for small scale mosquito repellent or killer.
And these are better than Citronella candles.
- Citronella is a natural element to drive away mosquitoes and in a closed room it can knock down mosquitoes also.
- This pack comes with 120 sticks.
- One stick will burn on for around 30-40 minutes.
- The effect of one stick could be around 5-6 hours at my home. Will keep the mosquitoes at bay.
- Can be used around kids and in the bedroom.
- This is plant based.
- Protection hour window is small.
- Not for large sized rooms with open windows or high speed fans.
HIT Anti Mosquito Racquet
This mosquito killer bat comes from one of the most reputed companies.
And should work flawlessly for a long time.
And as per many users this is also the best mosquito killer racket in India.
- 3500 V DC voltage per shot.
- ABS body.
- Comes with LED light.
- 400 mah battery, will last a week with full charge.
- Will certainly kill mosquitoes on hit.
- Easy to use buttons.
- 6 months warranty.
- Needs to be active physically to do this.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- In general needs to be handled with care due to the electric shocks.
COROID Electronic Led Mosquito Killer Lamp
Mosquito killer lamps are not particularly useful but this one works to some extent.
And it kills mosquitoes.
This could be the best mosquito killer for the bedroom due to its hassle free nature.
Also as per many users this is also the best mosquito killer lamp in India.
- Compact mosquito killer lamp
- Gets charged by USB power also
- Easy to clean death chamber
- Attracts the mosquitoes by 365 nm in length.
- No noise.
- Good for kitchen, living room, bedroom.
- Works decent for a mosquito trap.
Not effective for every home.
HIT Mosquito and Fly Killer Spray
HIT is a well known product by Godrej. It is effective for short term mosquito repelling and killing.
- Helps to kill mosquitoes and all flying insects.
- Fragrance is good.
- Easy to use.
- Not harmful to adults but still not be contacted with skin or other body parts.
- This also one of the best electric Zappers in India.
- Should be cautious around pets, children and food items.
- No long lasting effects.
If you are going for the hard way, the cruel way to kill mosquitoes then be careful.
This way includes insecticides which are dangerous to mosquitoes as well to us. Especially dangerous to children and pets.
For example if you spray Bater solfac you will need to cover your face, wear eyeglasses, cover hair and cover most of your body. And after you are done you are required to wash these clothes.
Also while spraying you need to be attentive on where you are spraying. Never spray on clothes, utensils and food.
And some spray will leave some mark on the room wall. But these are most effective against mosquitoes.
But you have to take precautions.
- Wear eyeglasses
- Wear full sleeve clothes
- Wear head caps
- Wash clothes
- Wash the sprayer
- Avoid places with kids and pets
- Never spray on clothes and food utensils etc
What is the most effective mosquito killer?
Insecticides for mosquitoes are the most effective mosquito killers. Forget about herbal liquids, sprays. If you truely want to get rid of those mosquitoes then you must use insecticides, agarbattis and sprays together.
Solfac and Kingfog are one of the best mosquito killer chemical in India.
How can I kill mosquitoes at home?
In India your best bet to kill mosquitoes are insecticides. These work the best and you have to be careful. Otherwise you can use citronella agarbatti or HIT spray etc. herbal remedies are not good for killing mosquitoes at Indian homes.
Is Mosquito Killer lamp effective?
These mosquito killer lamps usually attracts all other type of bugs than mosquitoes. So these best electric mosquito killers are not very useful in killing mosquitoes.
But some of these are good due to the fact these are c02 mosquito trap. And works great in attracting mosquitoes.
What can I use to kill mosquitoes?
If you really want to kill mosquitoes then you have to use chemical mosquito killers. These works the best but be careful to not to spray them on food, utensils etc. Otherwise for active participation you can use mosquito killer bats.
What smells do mosquitoes hate?
Citronella and Eucalyptus smell is most hated by mosquitoes. And that is the reason those Citronella & Eucalyptus agarbattis work in India. Buy them and use them throughout the day.
These are also considered as natural mosquito killer. And many actively use these to make homemade mosquito killer.
How can I make my backyard mosquito free?
To keep your garden or backyard free from mosquitoes you have to regularly clean it. Drain any water clogging and cover any open ports. You also can plant citronella grass, lavender and spray mosquito repellents from time to time.
What is a natural mosquito killer?
Citronella and Eucalyptus works best as a natural mosquito killer in India. You can even burn dry Citronella grass to kill and repel mosquitos.
How do you kill mosquitoes quickly?
To kill mosquitoes quickly apply TATA sentry or other similar chemicals in your home. There is nothing better at killing mosquitoes than the chemical insecticides.
Do mosquitoes like light?
Yes, some mosquitoes are sure are attracted to light, that is why they make mosquito killer lamps. But these lamps are not so great.
How do I kill a mosquito in my room?
To kill a mosquito in your room, all you need to do is light up a single bulb and wait with a bug zapper. The electric racket works the best in this case. But it is time consuming to kill a single one in this way. Rather light up a all out and repel it.
Does killing mosquitoes attract more?
Mosquitoes definitely do take revenge but by killing one mosquito physically you would exhale some more co2. And mosquitoes find prey by locating co2 sources so you will naturally attract a few more.
Will vinegar kill mosquitoes?
Vinegar might be able to kill mosquito larvae in stagnant water and will take almost 18 hours to do it.
How do you keep mosquitoes away at night?
Plugging a good night or allout vaporizer should keep the mosquitoes away at night. For herbal users, use camphor in a bowl full of water.
Is Vinegar a mosquito repellent?
Vinegar is a bug repellent and when mixed with water it can kill the larvae here.
How do you stop mosquitoes from biting me?
You can stop mosquitoes from biting yourself by applying odomos cream. Although still a few mosquitoes bites will happen.The room you can also light up citronella sticks. Which are also great for killing mosquitoes as well.
What can I put on my lawn to keep mosquitoes away?
Citronella, marigold, lavender are easy to find in India and these can help to keep the mosquitoes away naturally. But for more stronger effect you can use chemical sprays.
How can I repel mosquitoes from India?
Chemical sprays are the best to repel and kill mosquitoes in India. If you want to go natural then you can use citronella, lavender trees in your lawn. Also can burn mosquito repellent sticks.
What animal kills mosquitoes?
When mosquitoes are in larvae stage then fishes eat them and in the adult stage some birds eat them. But these will help you to kill mosquitoes in your home.
Why are mosquitoes attracted to me?
Mosquitoes get attracted by CO2 and certain compounds on the skin. And some bacterias also make you smellier so they get attracted to you.
How do I avoid getting bitten by a mosquito while sleeping?
Best way to avoid getting bitten by a mosquito while sleeping is using a mosquito net. You do not need odomos like cream at all. But if you are unable to use a mosquito net be it for hot weather or unavailability then you should use allout, goodnight liquids, citronella sticks and odomos cream.
What can I put in standing water to kill mosquitoes?
Vinegar, shampoo,oil will kill mosquitoes in the water. The timeframe will vary though. But for better results always use chemicals.
Do lemongrass plants keep mosquitoes away?
Citronella oil which is a common ingredient to repel or kill mosquitoes are being extracted from lemongrass. Thus keeping a few lemongrass plants might help you to repel the mosquitoes. You can also burn dried lemongrass leaves to repel mosquitoes out of your home.
What attracts mosquitoes to bite you?
Carbon-dioxide from our breath, smell and heat attracts mosquitoes to bite you. You can mask the smell by applying perfume or odomos cream but others can not be masked.
Does spraying your yard for mosquitoes work?
Spraying the yard or garden will temporarily keep the mosquitoes away. But it will keep them out for sometime for sure.