If you are after the best chair for lower back pain in India then you would find many chairs.
But those are being sold branded as the best chair for back pain in India but those are not ergonomic.
A good best chair for lower back and hip pain in India has some qualities and here are the top best home chairs for lower back pain India.
Top 10 best chair for lower back pain India
- Savya Home® APEX Chairs™ (Budget chair)
- INNOWIN® Henry High Back Breathable Mesh Office Chair (Good for Tall people)
- JD9 Breathable Mesh Adjustable Lumbar Back Support (Good for people with average height)
- Green Soul Monster Ultimate Series (Most Feature Rich)
- INNOWIN® Jazz High Back Mesh Office Chair
- CELLBELL® CG01 Transformer Series (Widest Seat)
- GARDENOLOGY Ergonomics High Back Home Office Chairs
- TIMBER CHEESE Ergonomic MESH Chair (Budget friendly)
- Wipro Furniture Alivio High Back Executive Ergonomic Office Chair
- ETTOREZ Ergonomic Office High Back Elastic Mesh Chair
A subtle change in sitting position will save you from low back pain.
More you bend from the shoulder and hunch forward the more you are prone to get low back pain. It is especially true for computer users.
Check my Buying Guide here!
Review of the best chair for back pain India
Savya Home® APEX Chairs™
Savya home Apex chair is one of the low cost yet best home chair for lower back pain India.
I believe the cost cutting is mostly done via making the chair frame with engineered plastic frame.
- High back office chair.
- Up and down adjustable headrest!
- Breathable back.
- Ergonomic back support.
- 125 degree back tilt.
- Height adjustment.
- Chrome plated steel base.
- Seat is around 19*19 inch
- At this price, you are getting a high back chair with adjustable headrest.
- The lumbar spine support works well too.
- The seat height is adjustable and it can be used to keep your feet planted on the floor.
- The base is made from steel, so it is durable and can take heavy weight.
- It has a title of 125 degrees, which will help you to keep your back pain free.
- Breathable back is great for home use and for hot,humid weather.
- Seat could have been more wider.
- The paint might come off.
- Many faced difficulty when assembling due to manufacturing precision.
- Mostly made from plastic.
INNOWIN® Henry High Back Breathable Mesh Office Chair
If you are looking to get something premium when it comes to computer chairs for lower back pain in India then this model is a good option.
And due to the design of this chair, it is great for tall people.
- Tall high back support.
- This chair is also quite big and tall.
- Adjustable ergonomic support to reduce low back pain.
- Max weight supported is 150 kgs.
- Glass filled nylon structure.
- Breathable mesh back.
- Gas-lift : Class 3 (Pneumatic seat height adjustment)
- Adjustable 3D arms.
- Seat can be tilt and move to the front or back.
- This is one of the best back support for office chair India for taller and heavy people.
- Max weight is 150 kgs which is a lot.
- Premium design and material used.
- Seat adjustment options are great.
- The headrest,armrest and lumbar support can be moved up and down for adjustments.
- Hydraulic seat adjustment works great.
- Armrests are wide.
- Back mesh is durable and breathable.
- Short people, people under 5 feet 8 might feel uneasy with the headrest and overall size of the chair.
- The headrest has no tilt and the lumbar support also only moves up and down.
JD9 Breathable Mesh Adjustable Lumbar Back Support
JD 9 breathable back chair is a mid range chair for low back pain and it also comes with a headrest and good build.
This is a great desk chair with good cushioning with padding.
- Ergonomic features with lumbar spine support.
- 105 degree tilt feature.
- BIFMA certified Gas lift.
- Good PU cushion.
- Mesh back.
- High back with headrest.
- Adjustable armrest.
- Glass filled nylon base.
- High back chair which provides ample support to your whole back.
- Adjustable armrests are a great option to sit properly.
- Gas lift seat adjustment system is one of the best in the industry and works flawlessly.
- The chair base is strong and built with glass filled nylon material.
- The high back chair has a tilt of 105 degrees which will save your back from pain in the long run.
- Good for people with average height.
- Good for the office as well as for home office chair.
Might not be suitable for tall people or people with extremely heavy weight.
Green Soul Monster Ultimate Series
Green soul monster is a gaming chair with great features.
It might pose some issues with breathability but other than that it offers great features.
- Multifunctional ergonomic chair for gaming and work.
- Adjustable headrest pillow.
- Adjustable lower back support pillow.
- 4 way adjustable armrest.
- Seat is wide enough to sit cross legged.
- Seat is made from good quality memory foam.
- Breathable spandex fabric is used.
- Seat tilt ranges from 90 – 180 degrees.
- Seat is height adjustable.
- Heavy duty metal base.
- Gas lift class 4 system.
- Max weight 135 kgs.
- Min user height is 5 feet 8 inches and max user height is 6 feet 5 inches.
- A great char for low back pain suitable for gamers and for office work at home.
- Highly recommended for tall people.
- The headrest, lumbar spine pillow can be adjusted as required. But note the minimum user height is 5 feet 8 inches.
- The seat height and tilt is adjustable. Making it usable for reading/working or even sleeping.
- The base and all the frame material of the chair is made from metal so it can take a lot of weight. And you can also sit cross legged on it.
- Although not mesh but the overall breathable material is useful.
- The memory foam used here is of good quality and will not cause any soreness.
- If you are not as tall as at least 5 feet 8 inches, then this chair will not suit you.
- The cost is on the higher side.
- The no mesh back might get sweaty for some environments.
INNOWIN® Jazz High Back Mesh Office Chair
INNOWIN® Jazz High Back Mesh Office Chair is a budget high back chair with headrest for office or home use.
- 120kg max weight support.
- Glass filled nylon base.
- Moulded seat.
- Ideal for people below 5 feet 8 inches
- Armrest adjustments are great so you can maintain your posture.
- The seat height adjustment is useful when it comes to placing your feet on the floor to maintain good body posture.
- Mesh back allows good airflow to the back.
- This is ideal for people who are under 5 feet 8 inches mark at least.
- This chair has good lumbar spine support which will keep the back pain away.
- The armrests are also adjustable along with the seat height. These features makes it easy to adjust the chair according to your needs.
- BIFMA certified class 3 gas lift which is durable and user friendly.
- Mesh back is strong and allows air to pass so it will keep you sweat free for long work or study hours.
- Not much of a tilt feature.
- Nylon base is not recommended for heavy people.
CELLBELL® CG01 Transformer Series
Cellbell CG01 is a gaming chair with the right ergonomic features that will stop back pain!
- Iron frame and solid base.
- Adjustable lumbar spine support and headrest.
- PU leather premium look body.
- 90 to 180 degrees of tilt.
- 28 inch large seat area, you can even sit cross legged on this.
- Hand-rests are adjustable.
- Great chair with lower back support for work or game.
- The seat is wide enough and also very comfortable for long time usages.
- Whole chair has an iron frame and a heavy duty base which can take a lot of weight.
- The tilt mechanism is great and you can also rest in it, while not working or when taking a break.
- The headrest and low back support is adjustable and can be used by different people with different heights.
- PU leather looks very polished and premium.
- Price is on the higher side.
- PU leather made chairs might not be a good option for hot weather. You might need to add a tower over it to sit.
GARDENOLOGY Ergonomics High Back Home Office Chairs
GARDENOLOGY high back chair is an excellent high back model with ergonomic features which will prevent your back pain.
- As per them this chair is suitable for hip pain, herniated disc, low back pain, tailbone pain etc. meaning it is suitable to prevent these.
- Metal base with chrome plating.
- Max user weight supported is 125 kgs.
- 6 level adjustable armrest.
- Headrest is adjustable and detachable.
- Has some 140 degrees tilting option and tilt lock feature.
- Heavy duty BIFMA certified gas filled seat and castor wheels.
- Has a utility hanger at the back.
- Great for people with 5 feet 4 inches height and beyond.
- The ergonomic features like the lumbar support and headrest and armrest are great option.
- The chair itself is sturdy with BIFMA certified gas lift, metal base and structure.
- The chair has PU cover on the armrest and headrest.
- Headrest and armrest are both adjustable and work great to make the chair your posture friendly.
- Back has a mesh material which is breathable and great for hot and humid conditions. Especially for most Indian homes.
- The utility hanger is a great addition for home and for office.
None for the price range.
TIMBER CHEESE Ergonomic MESH Chair
This is one of the low cost ergonomic chair which can be used for work or study to prevent back pain.
- Adjustable headrest and lumbar spine support.
- Chrome plated steel base.
- Mesh back for airflow.
- Basic 19 by 19 inch seat.
- Tilt up to 125 degrees.
- Budget option for students with back pain.
- Comes with a headrest which is great at this price range.
- There is a tilt feature upto 125 degrees and it will help when you are sitting for a longer period of time.
- Mesh back is strong and is helpful to keep the heat away.
- Can be used as low cost office furniture, especially if you are looking for a budget task chair.
At this price range the material used is not of very good quality.
Wipro Furniture Alivio High Back Executive Ergonomic Office Chair
Wipro Alivio is a high end work chair for office or for home. It has great low back pain support and can be used for longer periods of time.
This can be a good option if you are looking for an executive office chair.
Although it is not a leather chair but it will do great!
- Lumbar spine support. This is also adjustable lumbar support in terms of height.
- Headrest and armrest and the seat height is adjustable.
- Mesh back us strongly and provides airflow.
- Nylon base and castor wheels.
- Has a good tilt.
- 360 degree swivel.
- A great computer chair for the office desk with a great lumbar spine and head-rest.
- This swivel-chair has a good tilt and can be locked as well.
- The mesh fabric at the back is durable and is breathable.
- The seat and armrests are great feature for an adjustable office chair.
- Seat is not movable towards the front or back, unlike other high priced chairs.
- Sidearms also do not move to the front or back, only height adjustment.
ETTOREZ Ergonomic Office High Back Elastic Mesh Chair
ETTOREZ Ergonomic office chair is a high back chair with headrest and good lumbar spine support.
- Headrest angle and height both can be adjusted.
- Pneumatic Gas lift Height adjuster.
- Height adjustable armrest.
- Low back support is also adjustable in height and front & back.
- Waterfall seat design for extra knee support.
- Chrome plated steel base.
- No tools required for installation.
- Seat cushion is good enough to support your glutes and provide support to your knees.
- Black Mesh back is of great quality and allows air flow for hot weathers.
- Headrest and armrests are adjustable, it helps with getting your sitting posture correct.
- The gas lift to adjust the seat is great.
- The tilt function is also great.
- Easy to assemble.
- Chair does not tilt back like gaming chairs do.
- Nylon wheels are not so good.
- Cushions on the headrest and lumbar spine could have been better.
Buying Guide for the best chair for lower back pain India
Top feature to look for in the best home chair for lower back pain India:
The best chair for back pain relief at home should have adequate ergonomic features like back support and height adjustment. It does not have to be pretty but try to get the base of metal made. If you are sitting for long hours then the base needs to be sturdy.
Top Feature to look for in the best office chair for lower back pain in India:
The best chair for long hours of sitting in the office could have high back support. The best back support for office chair India should also have headrest. Since at the office you are going to sit for a long time. So adjustable headrest, strong base and mesh back surely good features to look for.
Top Feature to look for in the best chair for lower back and hip pain:
Price: If you are buying the best chair for back pain relief at home then you might not want to spend a lot. As for at home you can change your sitting options easily, you can also even sit on the bed. So prices will vary.
And higher the price of the ergonomic chair, better features it will have. But for a decent 7-8k INR you will get enough back support to be considered as best chairs for back pain at home.
But if you are looking for adjustable headrest, seat height with hydraulic system, memory foam seat then the price will be much higher.
Adjustable seat height: To eliminate lower back pain, your feet should be placed on the floor with knees bent at 90 degrees for most of the time. This is the best position to sit for long hours with ergonomic chairs. So you should always look for adjustable seat features.
And if the hydraulic system is well made and certified then you are in good hands.
Adjustable armrest: Adjustable armrest helps myself with keeping my shoulders steady. I just placed my hands on the armrest and did not move. Also adjustable armrests also help with different heights.
Adjustable armrest helps with better posture so less back pain.
And this feature comes with some heavy price tags as well.
Durable base: Ideally the base should be of aluminium or steel based materials. Nylon based materials are cheap and sturdy enough for smaller sized people. For those who are on the heavier side of the weight scale they should go for metal based chair base.
Castor wheels: Castor wheels are great if you are moving the chair everyday. And those wheels are very durable for people with heavy weight. So it is less risky and safer.
Good material on seat: Generally low cost chairs come with low density foams which sag quickly and hurt the bum. To avoid that, get thick material on the seat which is not too hard on your body.
Same goes for backrest but this is only good for the cold areas if you are living there.
Foam: While memory foam is the best material but the cost will be high. Although to keep the cost low you can use different cushions and for home use looks do not matter.
Which chair is best for back pain in India?
The best chair for back pain in India would be the model which offers a headrest, adjustable backrest and adjustable seat height. You can skip the memory foam seats and metal bases. But those features are also good to have.
How do you sit in a chair with lower back pain?
Use chairs which provide adjustable lumbar spine support and are high back. Sit at the most inner side of the chair and do not lean forward. Use the whole back of the chair to support your weight and you are good to go with low back pain.
Which chair is best for long sitting?
Duratek and INNOWIN chairs and some Antec gaming chairs are best for long sitting. In India these chairs provide good build material and also provide good lumbar spine support.
What is the best remedy for severe lower back pain?
Strong core and glute muscles are great to get rid of lower back pain. But if you are having severe pain then visit a doctor first.
Are recliners good for lower back pain?
Yes, at 135 degrees it is a good option for lower back pain. But get only those chairs where the back angle is adjustable and then you can have variations of sitting positions as you please. This will lead to less back pain from sitting.
Is a hard chair better for your back?
In India, often wooden hard chairs with straight backs are recommended for sitting. Although sitting with that kind of straight back is not good for a long time. But still it is better than straight chairs with soft cushions. It is best to get adjustable chairs where you can fix the angle and seat height easily.
Are gaming chairs bad for your back?
Good gaming chairs are not bad for your back. These high end gaming chairs provide great lumbar spine support and adjustable headrest, seat height and armrest. So there is no way those are bad for your back.
What is the difference between a high back and mid back chair?
A high back chair provides support to your lower back, upper back and often comes with a headrest while the mid back chairs comes with only low back support. For this reason the cost of high back chairs are also high.
Why does my lower back hurt when I get up from sitting?
You are probably sitting wrong. For better diagnostic, take a video and picture of yourself while sitting and getting up and send that to your doctor.
Is it better to sit or stand with lower back pain?
Standing desk is a good option if you have back pain but too much standing is not preferable either. But it is a great idea to change from sitting to a standing desk during your day.
What is the fastest way to relieve back pain?
Visit a physical therapist, this is the fastest way to relief back pain. Generally bad postures and weak core and glute muscles cause back pain.
What is the most comfortable chair for watching TV?
If you have low back pain and looking for comfortable options for watching TV then get a sofa and a small cushion to support your back. This is good as it is very comfortable and also low back friendly. An ergonomic chair does not make sense since it is not more comfortable than a cosy sofa. Is it?
How should you sit in an office chair?
Sit at the end of the chairwith your back on the seat rest. This way you are utilising the low back support of the chair. And also make sure that you have feet flat on the floor. Ideally you can lean back a bit like under 135 degrees. These all are a good starting point on how to sit on the office chair.
Is walking good for lower back pain?
Although walking will not cure your back pain directly but this is a low impact exercise which will ultimately improve your health.
How do you sit on a chair without back?
Sit at the edge of the chair with your feet planted on the floor. This way helps in achieving better posture easily. Since there is no backrest, there is no point with sitting too deep in the chair.
How do you sit in an uncomfortable chair?
Sit at the edge of the chair so that the feet are always on the ground. And if possible you can also lean a bit, which is okay. But for long duration get some other chair with recline feature, adjustable seat and armrest.
Can a bad chair cause lower back pain?
Absolutely, a bad chair can cause lower back pain. Especially in India, where office chairs are completely shit. These chairs do not provide much low back support and the durability is also very low.
How long can you sit in a gaming chair?
In a well made gaming chair with low back support, head support and seat height adjustment you can sit for hours. But always get up and walk a bit, move around after every 4 hours.
Should I get a gaming chair or office chair?
Usually gaming chairs are well made but do not provide mesh back support. Mesh back support is needed if you are working in hot and humid conditions. Like we do in most places in India. An office chair with headrest, adjustable seat height is more comfortable than a gaming chair. But gaming chairs do provide good cushions for your back and glutes.
Are high-back office chairs better?
High back chairs with lumbar spine support is better for low back pain. These provide support to the entire back and can be used for a long period of time.
Are mesh chairs better for your back?
Yes, in countries like India where most of the areas are hot and humid the mesh back chairs are a great option. It allows airflow so you do not get too hot quickly and can work for longer hours. Get mesh back chairs with lumbar spine support and your low back pain will be reduced as well.
How can I stop my lower back from hurting when I sit?
If your lower back is hurting when you are sitting then either the chair provides bad support or your sitting posture is wrong. Get the best chair for lower back pain in India and sit with your back straight and feets on the floor. You’re back pain will surely be improved.
Is bed rest good for back pain?
A bed rest if not recommended by a doctor then might your back more hurt. For general posture related back pain you should exercise and sit using an ergonomic chair.
Why is my lower back pain worse in the morning?
Sleeping posture and seating position during the day might make your back pain worse in the morning. Also weak abs could also be the issue. You can try sleeping with a pillow under your knees to see if lower back pain improves.
What is a comfortable chair?
If you feel proper support at the spine so that your back does not hurt while you sit for long hours. And if the seat itself is soft but yet firm enough to not cave in, then that is a comfortable chair.
What is a good reading chair?
I would say high back chairs or sofas with ergonomic design are the best reading chairs. The seat should be soft and wide enough that you can pull up your legs and seat with folded legs. At the same time the high back and headrest will provide support to your entire back so it will not give you back pain.
How can I make my sofa better for my back?
Use a small cushion at the back and place your feet flat on the floor or straight on a foot rest. This will make a great difference when making your sofa back friendly.
What does sleeping on a couch do to your back?
Since a couch is not made for sleeping, it would make your back pain worse. Couch will put your back into weird positions so it is not advisable to sleep on couch.
What type of chair is best for office work?
Either a high back chair or mid back chair with adjustable back support is great for office work. Also the seat height should be adjustable as well.