We are known for studying for a long time or later for working for a long time as well. And thus we need the best chair for studying long hours India (Top 9 study chairs for long hours) for sure.
If you are looking to get an ergonomic study chair for students then you have few options.
One is simply to use a wooden chair (No handles) with cushions. When used with a table, it works great. But these are not ergonomic chairs and might not be a comfortable chair for many.
It is pocket friendly, no back pain and no need of armrest also.
Save money. You will need it.
But if you are looking for the best chair for studying long hours India then those do not come cheap.
Certainly there are no study chairs for students below 500.
Top 9 Best chair for studying long hours India
Study chair with writing pad
|Best budget study chair|
|Best study chair for back pain|
|Best comfortable study chair|
|Best study chair for home|
|Best office study chair|
|Cheap and best study chair|
|Best study chair for students in India|
|Best student study chair|
My Reviews of the best chair for studying long hours India
CELLBELL ® C62 study chair with writing pad
Cellbell C62 study chair with writing pad is a simple chair with a table attached for writing.
This is all metal build with the writing pad is made of wood.
And the wood looks great too.
- Sturdy built.
- Can hold over 100 kg, one of the durable folding study chair online.
- Available in black and brown color.
- Matt finish metal build
- Rubber caps on the legs
- Supportive braces at the joints.
- Back support is like any regular chair.
- Less moving parts and so much more durable.
- Since it is a simple construction, it is easy to repair.
- Can hold 100kgs of user weight.
- Easy to use.
- Can be used for long hours.
- NO headrest.
- Height is not adjustable.
- You might need to add cushions.
- Foldable study chair like this are not exactly comfortable.
- Might contribute to poor posture.
HOF ECO-303 Series Computer Student Study Chair
If you are a leather fan then you would like this study chair. It can be used for offices pretty easily.
The leather looks pretty good.
- Amazing leather looks.
- Adjustable seat height.
- 62 cm seat width.
- Ergonomically designed back.
- Has transportation wheels.
- Back can be tilted.
- Ergonomic back will help you while you are studying for long hours.
- The height is adjustable so you can always put your feet on the ground.
- The wheels can be used to move the chair around. Helps with cleaning and changing room.
- The leather and the cushion underneath is comfortable.
- And the chair is available in multiple colors, so you can choose as per your room color.
- Seat is wide enough.
- Suitable for small study corner.
- Fiber made base. This might not last long like the metal base.
- Handles are fixed, so if you want to use a table with similar height then it will be a problem.
MISURAA Imported Xenon High Back Ergonomic study chair for students
This MISURAA chair is great for studying long hours in India. It packs a lot of features and you can say it is a pro level chair.
- 140kg weight support.
- Strong aluminium base
- Back recline feature
- Ample back support
- Ergonomic design
- Korean mesh on back and seat
- Adjustable armrest, headrest and lumbar support is also adjustable.
- Seat height and tilt is adjustable also.
- For the hot Indian weather, the nesh makes great sense. It will keep you sweat free.
- The max user weight is 140kg which is great. Also note that this chair has a strong aluminium base. Which is way more durable than any plastic/fiber base.
- The proper lumber support can be moved up and down, making it easy to adjust to people of various height.
- The seat has a tilt, height adjustment which makes the personalization of the study chair very easy.
- And the armrest height can be adjustable which can help with positioning as per you to rest your arms. Or you can drop them down to work or read using a table.
- The headrest is also a great feature which will give your neck a relief. And headrest is also adjustable.
- Chair has enough width and one can sit cross legged on it.
- Easily one of the best office study chairs.
At this price point, the armrest could use some soft cushion rather than plastic.
As far as study chair price goes, this is costly.
INNOWIN® Jazz High Back Mesh chair for studying long hours India
INNOWIN® Jazz is another high back chair with great support and features. Which makes it to the list of best chairs for studying for long hours.
- 120kg user weight
- Ideal for people with height below 5 feet 8 inches
- Nylon base
- 360 degree swivel
- Breathable mesh material all over seat and headrest
- Comes with tilt and height adjustment
- The headrest can also be adjustable.
- BIFMA certified nylon base
- BIFMA certified gaslift
- Supports good user weight and the seat is wide enough.
- The nylon base and the gaslift is BIFMA approved and are very durable.
- I like the lumbar spine support and the adjustable armrest.
- The adjustable arm rest allows you to work easily on tables.
- The headrest is also adjustable, and the headrest and adjustable backrest position makes the chair suitable for long hours of studying.
- Mesh fabric is good for hot weather/ for sweaty people. It will provide you maximum comfort for longer period of time.
- Suitable for home and office, and also for office work.
- Will be great for any study routine you have.
- Nylon legs could be an issue.
- Some have pointed out that they can not place their feet at 90 degrees with the floor.
Casa Copenhagen Ergonomic Desk Chair
Casa Copenhagen chair is one of the suitable long hours study chair to have.
It has a metal base and many other features for home use and for office use as well.
- 19*19 inch seat
- 125 degree seat tilt
- Comes with adjustable headrest support
- Adjustable seat height for comfortable position.
- 50 mm nylon caster wheels
- Has lumbar spine support
- Durable mesh made seat and back
- Mid-range movable chair with lumbar support.
- Low back support is not movable.
- A headrest is available and will help stop neck pain.
- Mesh back and seat will help with airflow and will help keep the sweat away.
- Durable chrome plated steel base.
- Can serve as an ergonomic office chair or executive chair also.
- Armrest height is fixed so you might find it hard to work with a similar height table.
- Back rest is not moveable so it might not suit everyone.
Amazon Brand – Solimo Zurich
This chair is one of the lower priced items and is suitable for home use. It can be used for long hours and with the mesh back it takes away the sweat.
- Max weight supported is 90 kg
- Has moderate lumbar support
- Fixed arms
- Length 24 inches and width is 26 inches (Total)
- 45mm thick cushion
- Mesh back
- Nylon base
- 40mm castor wheels
- Low cost yet durable chair.
- Has universal lumbar spine support.
- Enough seat width and length.
- Wide armrest
- Mesh back is durable and provides airflow and good for office space.
- Armrest is not adjustable.
- No headrest.
- Nylon base is less durable than steel bases.
CELLBELL® C104 chair for studying long hours
CELLBELL® C104 chair is a ideal home use or study chair with moderate lumbar support.
- Mesh back.
- Steel base
- BIFMA certified hydraulic system
- BIFMA certified castor wheels
- 120 degree tilt
- 18 inches seat width
- Steel base is really durable and will work for a long time.
- The hydraulic height adjustment system and the castor wheels are BIFMA certified.
- The mesh back is good for hot weather as it will allow some airflow.
- Padded seat is decent.
- The seat might feel small.
- No headrest so you should do some stretching from time to time, even when you are studying.
- No adjustable armrest so the table should be taller than the chair.
Duratek™ Corporate M1 Chair with Lumbar Back Support
Duratek corporate m1 chair is a great study chair with lumbar back support.
Which is required if you are going to study for longer hours.
- Ergonomic design with lumbar support.
- Has mesh back and seat.
- Adjustable handles.
- Adjustable seat height.
- BIFMA certified gas lift.
- 90 kg user weight supported.
- Seat is big enough.
- Decent lumbar support for long hours of study or work.
- Well made mesh like material for back and seat.
- Height can be adjusted according to your need so you can put your feet on the ground at 90 degrees.
- Overall comfortable to sit and work/study for long hours.
- One size may not fit you well.
- No tilt lock.
GIANTWOOD Dirk study chair for students
If you want a study chair with leather like cover and soft seat then this chair can be a perfect fit for yours.
- Seat height adjustment.
- Tilt control.
- Class 3 gaslift
- Heavy duty PP base
- Soft seat cushion.
- Adjustable armrest
- Both the back and seat have good cushions.
- Have moderate lumbar spine support.
- Good cushion on the chair which will not make you sore.
- There is some lumbar support which is good to have.
- The armrest is adjustable which can be used when you are working with a table.
- The seat height and tilt adjustments are good also.
- No headrest.
- No steel chair base
Buying Guide – chair for studying long hours India
Back Support: Since we are talking about the best sitting chair for studying long hours in India then we can not start without the back support. Without proper lower back support the study chair is not ergonomic. And in the long run it will cause low back pain and also shoulder pain.
This back support is one of the key ergonomic features of a study chair and this will help you seat in a proper posture.
That small arch at the back rest provides great support and you will thank yourself that you bought a chair with a back support.
Head Rest: Although uncommon at budget range of sitting chairs for home or office. The headrest is another great option to look in chairs. If you are going to study for a long time and there is no headrest, your neck might say otherwise.
With a headrest you can take the load off of your neck and can work or study for longer hours without any need of break.
Adjustable Height: You need to be at the same height level of the working table that you have. This will help with having less neck and back pain in the long run. And also less eye strain.
Tilt Control: A slight bent backward is good for the spine. Otherwise it always deals with too much pressure from sitting for long hours. And with adjustable tilt you can lie back and rest a bit also. But make sure that the whole chair is durable enough for it.
Seat Dimensions: Sometimes I just want to sit cross legged but with a small seat height and width that is not possible. And wider seat also means that you can use an extra cushion towel to make it more comfortable.
Also for tall and large people a wider seat and strong base are the only option. Often this will increase the cost.
Adjustable Armrest: A fixed armrest is troublesome to be studying with a table. You can not get close enough as most of the time the armrest will bang on the table edge. And adjusting the height means you have to extend your neck to study or read.
The solution is no armrest or adjustable armrest.
You can adjust the height to suit your upper body length or completely close it to adjust with the table height.
All these adjustable features are really needed more than attractive design in the best chair for studying long hours in India.
Cushion: in India if you are not studying in an AC room then you should skip the leather or faux leather models. If the cushioned seat is made from these materials then it will get hot real quick.
Wheels: Wheels at the base are needed if you wanna move the chair around. Sometimes for even cleaning that will help.
Strong Base: Wooden chairs have a strong base to brag on but there are many study chairs with wheels but with steel bases or aluminium base. These will be much safer than any plastic or fiber made chair bases.
And base should be durable enough to support your body weight. So the tilting mechanism does not fail to support you.
Other items to help yourself for studying long hours
Feet Rest: The feet rest is required if your chair has no adjustable height option and the seat is too high. Just place the feet rest at suitable distance and place your feet on it. It will help your posture and seating style.
Extra Cushion: Sometimes to add extra height, to add extra softness you might want to add a small cushion to the chair. There are cushions which can be tied to the chair and it feels good.
Especially if you are going to use a wooden chair, those detachable cushions are a must.
Back Rest: A mesh material build backrest is a must if you are using a straight back wooden chair or using a chair that does not provide a back chair. Any non ergonomic chair can be turned into a posture friendly chair with this one. I would suggest that you go for the mesh material ones, it will not let your back get sweaty.
LED table lamp: I can not study with lowlights and the adjustable LED table lamps are great to use for this.
1 exercise to do while studying for long hours
This is one valuable tip from my experience if you are sitting or studying for long hours.
Start with sitting straight, Pull your shoulder blades together. Hold that position for few seconds.
You do not need to shrugs though.
This will help with correcting the shoulder posture and will save you from shoulder impingement and sore shoulders.
And once in 2 hours, get up and walk around the house.
Even when the exam is on the next day.
Otherwise no best chair for studying in India will save you.
What type of chair is best for office work?
The office chairs which provide ample amount of back support are the best for office work. In my experience when you are sitting for 4-7 hours straight in one position you feel the pain in lower back shoulder and neck.
So the chair which provides support to all these areas are the best for office work for long durations
What type of office chair is best?
The type of office chair is best which provides adjustable height adjustable armrest and have back support. Also preferably have neck or head support as well. This makes sure that you can sit comfortably for long hours without any back pain.
Which type of chair is best for studying?
Upright posture is great for productive work and for studying. Thus you should get a chair that helps you maintain the natural curve of the spine and sit naturally. In this way you will be able to sit longer without any pain or discomfort.
Are gaming chairs good for studying?
While parents may not agree with gaming but gaming chairs are really great when it comes to studying for long hours. Gaming chairs provide great lower back support with headrest and adjustable seat and arm height. Although costly but gaming chairs are great for studying.
What is the best office chair for sitting long hours?
The chairs which have a great cushion with backrest, headrest and adjustable height is the best office chair for sitting long hours.
How should you sit in an office chair?
Sit straight and keep your feet flat on the floor. This is the optimal position for sitting on a chair for long time.
Are mesh office chairs better?
For hot and humid weather, mesh office chairs are great. And for India, the mesh chairs are also good for studying long hours if they provide ample back support. And the mesh back will help with airflow which will keep you dry as well.
Why are gaming chairs bad?
Gaming chairs aren’t bad for your back or neck. Keep your feet flat on the floor and try to sit with your head at the headrest so your gaming chairs are not necessarily bad for you.
Gaming Chairs Good for Your Back?
Gaming chairs offer good backrest and headrest. And most of those also provide height and handlebar height adjustment as well. If you want to sit straight with keeping your shoulder and head rested then gaming chairs are good for your back.
Should I get a gaming chair or office chair?
For office gaming chairs might be too colorful so you might want to get office chair only. But for home you can get gaming chairs as well.
Office chairs are simple and are of low cost whereas the gaming chairs are costly and offer a range of options. You can adjust the backrest, head rest, handles, height and many more things. But these are costly.
How do you make an uncomfortable office chair more comfortable?
To make an uncomfortable office chair more comfortable, keep a small pillow at the small of your back. Adjust the height so that your feet always stays at the floor. And this two along will make a huge difference.
What should I look for when buying a desk chair?
Since you will be sitting for hours, do a test ride on the desk chair that you have your eye on. The desk chair should support the natural curve of your spine, should have adjustable height and if possible headrest.
How much should I spend on an office chair?
For a comfortable office chair which will use for long hours, you should be prepared to spend around 4k to 9k INR at least. In this range you will get comfortable chairs which are soft and also provide good posture support.
How much is a good chair?
Best chairs for studying for long hours are not cheap. Considering it has height adjustment features, soft cushion, armrest and headrest the price can go around 10k INR easily. Usually you will get around 6 months to 1 year warranty.
How important is a good office chair?
Long duration of sitting is dangerous to low back and neck. It puts a lot of strain on the joints. So a good office chair is an absolute must for anyone who wants to live healthy.
Hopefully by now you will be capable to avoid the dangers of sitting!
Chairs with various usages