If you are looking for the best study chair for students in India then you should consider this buying guide here.
And also understand that getting the best study chair in India depends on how you see it.
You might want a portable one with a writing pad or want a full blown chair with back support.
And your choice of best study chair for students in India will also depend on budget also.
Top 7 best study chair for students in India
- MBTC Erizo Folding Student Writing Pad Chair for school
- CELLBELL® C62 Folding Study Chair with Cushion & Writing Pad
- SAVYA HOME® APEX Chairs Delta
- Duratek™ Corporate M1 Chair with Lumbar Back Support
- VARMORA Lumber Back Support Chair
- Wipro Furniture Adapt High Full Back chair
- Nilkamal Thames High Back Fabric Chair
Reviews of the best study chair in India
MBTC Erizo Folding Student Writing Pad Chair
This is one of the best study chairs for school students with a pad. Along with the writing pad it also features few amazing features.
- Foldable study chair with writing pad.
- Comes with a storage space under the seat.
- No need for assembly. It folds up easily and is very easy to operate.
- Max weight supported 90 kg
- Seat height 18 inches (non adjustable)
- Seat width and height 16 inches
- Great for school students.
- Great for small apartments as you can fold the chair easily.
- There is a storage space where school students can keep their bag.
- Good for school student coaching classes.
- Lightweight yet sturdy material.
- Writing pad is good enough.
- This is not suitable for elderly.
- The writing pad is not foldable. So you can not get in and out easily.
- Not comfortable for tall people.
- As expected there are no height and armrest adjustments in these type of chair designs.
CELLBELL® C62 Folding Study Chair with Cushion & Writing Pad
If you are after a folding study chair with a writing pad then this is for you. This chair is suitable for children and as well for adults.
- Foldable chair with 4.5 kg weight.
- It can support around 100kg of body weight.
- There are cushions at the back and the seat.
- The writing pad is also foldable and adults and elderly can use it.
- Writing pad is wide and durable.
- Lightweight product and foldable so good for small apartments.
- Easy to fold and save space.
- Supports 100kgs of weight and is a good choice for older people to get in.
- The writing pad is wide enough to put large books or laptops.
- Good for home and for coaching classes.
- Durable build.
- Cushions are soft enough.
Although the writing board is wide enough but not for placing heavy objects.
SAVYA HOME® APEX Chairs Delta
This is an office chair which can be used in your study room and can be used by young adults and elderly people for study. Since this is a normal sized chair, this is not usable for children.
- Adjustable seat height height with class 4 gas lift.
- Breathable back with mesh like material.
- PU foam cushion at seat.
- 5 star fiber made base.
- Max weight supported is 120kg
- Well priced chair.
- Seat cushion is comfortable enough.
- The armrests are wide enough.
- Class 4 gas lift is reliable.
- Mesh back is good for hot humid Indian climates.
- Not to exceed the recommended weight limit. The fiber base will not hold more weight.
- No armrest adjustments.
- Not good paint and in some cases makes sound.
Duratek™ Corporate M1 Chair with Lumbar Back Support
Duratek corporate M1 chair is an ergonomic chair with back support in India.
- Good lumbar spine support.
- Breathable mesh back.
- Mesh material is strong.
- Adjustable handle.
- BIFMA certified Gas lift.
- 90 kg user weight support
- Good ergonomic feature for long time study.
- The lumbar spine support is also adjustable and you can set it up as per your height.
- Mesh back is strong and breathable so you will get less sweaty.
- The armrest is adjustable so you can get close to a table while studying and adjust as per your body height.
- The seat is adjustable and comes with BIFMA certified gas lift.
- May appear costly.
- Could have included a head rest also.
- Metal base would do much better.
VARMORA Lumber Back Support Chair for Study
This is something different, you do not everyday come cross with a plastic chair with lower back support.
- Lightweight durable plastic is used.
- Good for large people since the chair has good width.
- Multipurpose chair.
- Ergonomic design.
- Lower back support.
- 135kg weight support.
- Pack of 2
- Easy to use study chair which has good seat size.
- The material used is durable and can take a lot of max user weight.
- Spacious enough for larger people to seat.
- Can be used outdoors, living room, balcony etc.
- No height adjustment.
- No arm rest adjustment.
- Need to add cushion.
- Not good for a really long time sitting position.
Wipro Furniture Adapt High Full Back chair for Study
A costly high back chair perfect for long study hours or for office.
- Head rest.
- High back chair with ergonomic feature.
- Back nesh which allows air to pass.
- PU foam seat.
- Auto weight sensing system that adjusts the recline force of the chair automatically.
- Adjustable seat height.
- Adjustable arm height.
- Adjustable headrest.
- Nylon base.
- Suitable chair for office and study.
- Can be used by adults of any height.
- Good for long time usages. HAs good back support and adjustable headrest and armrest.
- Headrest helps with keeping away the neck pain.
- Seat height adjustment will keep your feet on the floor.
- Seat is soft enough and is comfortable.
- Not for small apartments.
- Wheels are not so great.
Nilkamal Thames High Back Fabric Chair
Nilkamal is an all time favorite chair brand in India, but personally I have only seen them in retail stores and have seen people buying their plastic chairs only.
- High back chair.
- PU foam seat.
- Height position can be locked.
- Tilt position can be adjusted.
- Has a lower back support.
- Has a good seat and high back. This is good for upper back support and sitting for long hours.
- This chair has some lower back support which is not like those premium models but still works.
- The height can be adjusted.
- The height and title can be locked.
- Good as a study chair and as a home or office chair.
- Sturdy build.
- No armrest adjustment.
- No headrest.
Chairs with various usages
Buying Guide – best study chair in India
Budget: If you are looking for a chair with back support, adjustable armrest and seat then the cost of the study chair will be on the higher side. But if you want to use the chair for long term use then definitely the extra money will buy you good stuff.
And I would say with the trend of work from home, you might want to get an ergonomic chair as well and use it for study.
Back Support: For long hours of study you will need some back support. It is necessary to have so that you do not get back pain in the long run. If you are buying a new study chair then make sure that it has some tilt option and back support.
And if you are using sturdy wooden chairs then get a lumbar spine support item and attach it to the back.
It will work just fine, if you are on a budget.
Cushion: Sore butt is not a fun thing to have :p Either buy an ergonomic chair that has some decent cushion or buy separate chair pillows. I use some cheap chair pillows from amazon and they work great.
Writing Pad: If you want to have a compact option then these folding study chairs with writing pads will do wonders. These study chairs for students with pad will eliminate the need for a separate table.
But yes the writing pad will not be as wide as a table but for small spaces it will do fine.
And most of the time these are foldable too.
Adjustable seat: Adjustable seats are a must if you are using a table to study with. With this you can adjust the height of the study chair so you can put your feet on the floor easily. This 90 degree bent on the knees will help your body stabilize and improve proper posture.
Adjustable armrest: Armerst helps to rest your arms, duh! Without these you will hunch forward and have bad sitting posture. Also if these are adjustable then studying with a table becomes much easier. Since then you can move forward and rest your arms at the table as well.
More suitable for writing and drawing.
Base: Most chairs will come with castor wheels and the base should preferably be of steel or other metal. Nylon bases are not bad but definitely not as durable as metal bases. And if there are no wheels then you can get plastic 4 leg chairs also. Those are also very good and will not break or tumble.
This is it for now, hopefully you will survive being students (AICTE) of science, arts or commerce or something else by using my chair suggestions.